WHY ISOMETRICS?




WHY ISOMETRICS?


You've heard about Isometrics. In fact, at some point in your life you have even done them. Gym class? sports practice? Isometrics has been around for a long time! Fact is, the Chinese practice of Qi Gong inspired the modern day Isometric exercise.

Having been a powerlifter all my young adult life, I only believed lifting heavy weights for hours at a time was the ONLY way to build strength and size! That was until I went through double hip replacements and realized that my powerlifting days were over!

I read books on Tai Chi, Yoga, resistance band training, the Total Gym, Calisthenics, you name it I read up on how I could workout, stay strong and keep my weight down! While flat on my back during my first hip replacement my friend Cary send me a book on Isometrics! Sure, I knew all about Isometrics. I had done them from time during my lifting workouts as a finish set. I had no idea that they could be done as a workout in themselves!

WRONG!  I was totally wrong! My focus shifted to ISOMETRIC Exercises and what I could do once I got back on my feet. In this blog I will define, describe and explain how an exercise trend from the 50's is NOW a full time workout program that not only works, but takes less than 20 minutes to do!








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SIMPLE SHOULDER SHRUG