FORGET HALF SPEED.........1/4 SPEED REPS! SLOW MOTION REPS THAT BUILD BOTH MUSCLE AND STRENGTH!


 


For years I experimented with SLOW MOTION REPS. Taking a rep and extending the 'TIME UNDER TENSION' To burn the muscle. 

While the results are EXCELLENT it becomes a battle to concentrate on the timing and proper form on each rep. If you really concentrate on the speed of the movement, you tend to sway from keeping perfect form. That was until a month ago! I was on Ebay and saw that the Isorobic and Exer-Genie Strongman units were selling for around $35! Basically, they are friction machines that vary the resistance on the rope that you pull. 

I decided that If I could configure the machine properly, find that sweet spot to where I can do 1 rep in about 25-30 seconds I would have the ULTIMATE Isometric rep to build strength and size. The Time under Tension would be equivalent to 15 or 20 standard reps!

As soon as I got the unit I put it to the test. Started to use if for LAT PULLS from a high angle. Found the proper resistance and attempted 5-8 QUARTER SPEED REPS. The Burn was amazing. The results were even more impressive. It was similar to doing a Pull Down with 200+ pounds. Not since my powerlifting days doing deadlifts, have I felt such a burn. 

I incorporated the until into Shoulders, Bi's and Tri's. It worked as well there. By reversing the unit I was able to attached it to a bench and do a Military Shoulder press at QUARTER SPEED. My Delts were exhausted! Just in the month that I have added the unit into my workouts, I have added at least a pound of muscle. 

While I wouldn't attempt doing this SLOW REP training every workout, I have seen GREAT results doing them once a week. I would say, spend the $35, grab a used unit and try it. MUCH more effective than powerlifting bands and a great way to shake up your workouts. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SIMPLE SHOULDER SHRUG